The Chevening Alumni Association Indonesia (CAAI) is a partner of the British Embassy Jakarta in providing a platform to enhance the Chevening scholarship alumni network. Both institutions also work together in promoting collaboration between Indonesia and the United Kingdom through events hosted by both institutions.
Since July 26th, the establishment of CAAI has been officially approved on behalf of “Perkumpulan Penerima Beasiswa Chevening Indonesia” by the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, as it is shown in the Decree thereof under Number “AHU-0011109.AH.01.07.TAHUN 2017”.
The formation of CAAI has actually been long thought of since few years ago, initiated by the British Embassy Jakara representatives with the support of some Chevening scholars who engaged actively in alumni’s activities. The idea was brought up by the Embassy again near the end of 2016, and was discussed further in an official meeting with the Embassy staffs and some Chevening alumni on January 7th, 2017. The first members of the CAAI committee were elected by the attendees of the meeting, with Dayu Nirma (Chevening batch 2012/2013) and Ali Nasir (Chevening batch 2002/2003) serve as President and Vice-President of CAAI, respectively.
Our missions determine our organization’s direction and serve as our guide in decision-making.
- Strengthen network and promote social & professional interaction among all Chevening award scholars in Indonesia and other countries
- Promote concrete contribution of Chevening alumni to society
- Enhance visibility of Chevening alumni’s achievements, activities and events
- Provide a forum for intellectual exchange between Chevening alumni and the general public
- Provide assistance and professional advice to future Chevening scholars
- Promote events related to the UK and establish periodical links with British institutions